Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Together Again 2009

I found this a few seconds ago, I wrote this to Greg in Aug. of last year. It's cheesey and silly but I like it lol.


Who would've known,
it would have been you.
That I would fall for,
so deep and so true.

You held my hand
through good times and bad.
You wiped my tears,
whether happy or sad.

We tried this before,
being more than just friends.
It resulted with you
being hurt in the end.

As the years went on,
you continued to mend.
While I ran off
and married your friend.

Through all the times
he tore me apart.
You were there,
protecting my heart.

A couple years pass
before I open my eyes.
To see what you tried showing me
through all my goodbyes.

An image of us,
old and gray.
Watching our grand kids
run around and play.

You started off
as my very best friend.
And now here we are,
Together Again.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh.... This is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful thank you so much for sharing a poem about your true love with Gregg,

    I look forward to seeing more of your poetry

    ReplyDelete