Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Busy day

Sorry I missed writing yesterday, it was a busy busy day. For starters, I don't think I mentioned what happened Friday when Greg got home. He had a really bad headache like, bad...almost in tears kind of bad. And he was having blurred vision and muffled hearing so I started getting really worried because I knew what it was... His whole family has it...

I googled and went to WebMD and typed his symptoms into the symptom finder and sure enough it came back saying that he had it and said to seek medical attention immediately. I went out and got one of those take home tests and made him take it that night and the strip turned blue...Greg has diabetes...

We went to the ER yesterday and got into a room pretty quick, actually. Once we got in she came back and moved us and then moved us again. So by this time its 1:30 and we are sitting in the third place they put us when a male nurse comes in and looks at Greg confused. "Greg?" he asked. "Yes." Greg replied. Looking way confused the male nurse told him to lay back and wheeled him out for a catscan! WTF a catscan? I was freaking out!! After what seemed like a million hours another nurse came back in and asked where Greg was when I told her he was getting a catscan she looked confused and rushed out. Leaving me still freaking out.

Come to find out the catscan was meant for some guy that was in the first room they put us in, he had a stroke and needed the catscan. WHEW! They took his bloodsugar and it came out 230...very high. They gave him vicodin, ibprofin, and flexaral for the pain and we have to get him into the doctor as soon as possible. So tomorrow I'll be making an appointment for him and dragging him there if I have to. Geez, we're a healthy bunch aren't we? I have fibromyalgia, and he has diabetes.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to think about anything but Greg until just a few minutes ago. When Elijah passed and we got his ashes back, I decided I wanted to plant a rose bush or something like it and mix his ashes in with the soil. About a week ago my Aunt sent us a Gardena bush and we planted that today. Once Greg feels better we are going to put his ashes with it. Every year when it blooms, it'll be like he's coming to visit us.

I'll possibly write later, depending on what happens today. Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

  1. Hay there nolie. I was on your coffee shop forum earlier & decided to check out your blog I am VERY sorry 4 what you're going thru. Bless your heart you have really had a tough time I see. & I'm sorry to hear that your loved one has diabetes. I can relate you some of your expiriences (losing 2 children myself & living w/ endometriosis just had surgery 3 days ago!) Anyway most of my problems came from endo. the children I lost also came frm that horrible disease! I truly hope things get better for you. I WILL be praying for you b/c I know you must be devastated right now. Keep your faith & hopefully you'll be able to have a beautiful little one to love. Dont give up!

    Also, in the bible God says that the pain & suffering you go thru you, in the end you will be rewarded/compeensated many times more. I have began to see my rewards. I believe you will too just keep your faith.

    Oh and sorry to go on and on I just want to say that if you would like to talk to someone I would love to even though we dont know each other personally maybe we could share what we find comforting when going through these things. If you would like to talk e-mail me or leave me a comment. kendra30752@yahoo.com Im following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I've been away. And I'm even more sorry to hear about Greg. Hope everything gets better in the near future.

    ReplyDelete