Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Small section of chapter 17

I don't really have much to say today, nothing has really happened. Everyone is home today, cleaning and all that. Greg has another bad headache, he doesn't even sleep okay anymore. I feel so bad for him, I hate headaches. When I get headaches they make me sick to my stomach and all that, I end up feeling worse than I ever have in my whole life. I can't imagine having it everyday almost all day. His pills don't even help. And to top it all off he has to work today at 3.

I don't have much to write so instead I'll post another small section of my book for you to read. Here ya go:

By the time I got to Professor D's house Sergeant Burnett was already there. I could tell that they hadn't talked about anything yet, which I was glad about. I wanted to lead this discussion as much as possible. I wanted to tell him what was going on without giving too much information about it, to protect him.

I nodded toward Sergeant Burnett, "Hello Sergeant."

"Amanda."

"This is Professor D, Evie, and you know Sam."

Sergeant Burnett nodded.

"What I'm about to tell you, you may not believe at first... And I wish I didn't even have to say anything, but there is a threat on the entire campus. We have to do something, we have to evacuate." I informed him.

"What kind of threat?" He asked tensing up.

"Sergeant, have you ever considered that there may be things in this world that you nor I can explain?"

"Like what?" He asked nervously.

"Certain kinds of evil... Not just bank robbers or murderers, other forms of evil, real evil."

"Like ghosts?"

"No... like demons." I blurted without thinking it through. Not too much, I reminded myself.

"Demons?!" He shouted.

"Shh...yes."

"You said you had information on the murders Amanda."

"I do."

"What are you saying? Demons are responsible for the murders?" He asked skeptically.

I didn't say anything, I simply glanced around the room at each face staring back at me. I thumbed through the papers I had in my hands, searching for anything that would prove it to him. I found the information on the two boys killed recently on campus, the autopsy reports from them. I handed them to the Sergeant.

"How do you explain the fact that all of the victims look ungodly pale after they are killed?" I asked.

"Everyone's body loses its color when they die."

"Not after five minutes Sergeant. Look at the photos, they were found soon after they were killed. The autopsy reports say that each of them died an hour before they were found, but their bodies appeared to have been laying there for hours if not days. How do you explain that?"

"I can't." He murmured.

"Would you like me to?" I asked not waiting for his answer. "The killers literally sucked the life force from their bodies...they feed off of fear and pain. That's why the victims color is drained, they are left with nothing in their bodies but their organs."

I stopped because I could tell that Sergeant Burnett was starting to wig out. The color was draining from his face, and he looked as if he was about to be sick.

"Sergeant, I need you to understand what I'm saying..."

"I...I can't." He stammered.

"Sergeant look at me!" I yelled.

Sergeant Burnett looked up and I could see how petrified he was.

"If you don't listen to me everyone on this campus and maybe in this town will be like these boys! They have threatened the entire campus Sergeant! You have to evacuate before it gets worse!"

"How do you know about all of this?" He asked softly.

"It doesn't matter, all that matters is that we work together to save the people in this town."

"How?"

"I told you! You have to make everyone leave here until this is worked out! You did it before!"

"It's not my decision Amanda. I can't just order everyone to evacuate the town, they would think I'm insane."

"Professor..." I whispered looking through the window behind him, cutting off Sergeant Burnett mid-sentence.

"What is it Amanda?"

He must have seen the panicked expression on my face because he turned around. Just as he did someone came exploding through the window, sending pieces of glass flying all around us. I heard that same laughter as earlier coming from outside the window, it was Dominic.

I ran over to the Professor to help him up, but one of the Devlocks cut me off by hitting me, sending me soaring a few feet behind me. I got back up on my feet and started walking toward them again, not thinking about the pulsating pain I felt in my arm.

I glanced back at Sergeant Burnett who was curled up under Professor D's piano with his eyes squeezed shut. If we live through this at least we know he'll take us seriously. I turned back around just in time to get knocked backwards again, this time smashing my head.

"Amanda stay down!" Evie yelled.

I scanned the room frantically searching for Sam who was passed out against the wall on the other side of the room. I slowly crawled over there to make sure he was alright.

"Is Sam alright?" Evie asked.

I glanced up to see Evie standing in front of two Devlocks, not taking her eyes off of them. She's so small, how can she possibly think she an ward off anyone but a mere human? She needs help, I know she does.

"Amanda!" Evie yelled panicked.

"Sam's fine! He's just knocked out." I reported.

I slowly crawled my way over to the couch where I checked on Professor D, who was bleeding pretty bad from a head wound.

"Are you okay?" I whispered.

"I'm fine. Go help Evie...." He mouthed.

I could feel my heart start to race even more, my hands started to sweat, I could feel the intensity in his words. I had to help her otherwise we would all be dead...what could I possibly do though?

I looked deep into the Professor's pleading eyes while he spoke, "This is your destiny Amanda, you must fight."

I nodded even though I wasn't sure of what I would do. I slowly snuck my way up behind Evie who was still in pounce position, turning around to make sure no one could sneak up behind me. That's when I saw the fireplace. I grabbed one of the fireplace pokers and held it tightly in my hand, not sure of how much damage this would really cause a creature like them.

I waited for one of them to make a move to come closer and I went around the left side of Evie and stabbed him in the side. He bellowed out in pain, ripping it from his torso and thrusting after me. Evie jumped in between us and all of a sudden a bright light radiated from her body, sending the Devlock flying backwards.

"Are you alright?" She asked still standing in front of me.

"Yeah." I breathed.

I went to walk to the side but someone grabbed me and turned me around. It was Dominic. He held onto my arms tightly, not hurting me, but holding me steady.

"Dominic...please help us!"

Dominics expression didn't change, it was in the same hard mask as earlier. I knew it was useless to beg him, I saw that it wouldn't make a difference. What I don't understand is that this isn't where my vision took place.

"Why are you doing this? Why won't you help us?" I asked knowing it was pointless.

He still didn't speak.

"I love you." I whispered.

Just as soon as the words were out of my mouth I was smashed into the wall with more force than I thought possible, sliding down until I hit the floor.

"Don't say that to me!" Dominic yelled standing over me.

"I do." I mouthed, tears running down my face.

Dominic reached his hands out to grab me, but stopped when he almost made contact. He let out a loud frustrated yell and stood up not taking his dark inhuman eyes from mine.

I felt myself slowly start to slip unconscious, I kept trying to hold my eyes open but with every second my eye lids grew heavier and heavier. Just before I passed out I got a glimpse of Evie and the brilliant radiating light extending from her body.


That's section from chapter 17. Tell me what you think.

Have a great day bloggers.

1 comment: